The Ecclesia Valentinaris Antiqua (EVA) is a Gnostic Church in the Valentinian tradition, dedicated to the perpetuation of the Great Mystery that was conveyed, through sacraments and teachings, by the Hellenistic Gnostic schools.
The Ecclesia sprouted from a small group of initiates of various western esoteric traditions. These brothers and sisters began meeting on a regular basis in 1999 to study the myths and other texts of the early Gnostic theologians and schools of thought. The EVA constituted its formal ecclesiastical body in 2003, in direct continuation of the Gnostic Revival of 1890.
The EVA first made itself known to the world in 2010, and has since then established congregations of initiates in various European countries as well as on the North and South American continents.